Sunday 7 September 2008

Things I'm Happy To See Again

  • A sunny September. Sure, the UK gets some sun now and then, but not like we do in July, August and September. Of course in October it'll be wet and getting darker.
  • Bran muffins. I missed these. If I could have found any muffins in the UK that were remotely healthy I would have chosen them for breakfast more often.
  • Bike lanes. They were hard to come by with those narrow Medieval streets.
  • Northwest beer. There's something unique about our micro beers. They're served a bit colder than UK ales, but there's also something to the taste. Maybe it's the regional hops, or something about our brewing technique.
  • Shops with attitude. Bike shops, coffee shops, music shops staffed and patronised by Bohemians who are proud to be weird.
  • Maple syrup. Okay, not that I'm having any these days, but in England we had to get by with honey or "golden syrup".
  • Omelettes. They don't seem to offer them in the UK.

No comments: