Thursday 4 September 2008

iMac Therefore I Am

My iMac arrived this morning. Such a relief. Now I can catch up on my podcasts, get photos off our camera, and at the moment, it's our best source of music.

Margo is also relieved because she doesn't have to share her laptop with me any more.

I was worried. I'd been tracking its shipment from Parcelforce, a UK shipper, and saw that it arrived in Vancouver the day after we did. Then, nothing. For a long time. We even got Margo's book boxes, sent at the same time as the iMac but with less urgency.

Finally I thought to check Post Canada and try the tracking number there, and fortunately it worked. I found that my parcel had been held by customs for about seven days. When the box arrived, it had clearly been opened and re-sealed. But it looks like nothing's missing, and it booted right up when I unpacked it. I updated the location preferences and now I'm on my way.

I've got a bike and my computer. I am sorted.

No comments: