Tuesday 26 July 2011

PROOF that I am NORMAL!

Today I finally dropped a pound, after being stalled for about 2 months, to 164 pounds. This means that my body weight now falls in the "normal" range according to the Body Mass Index (BMI). No longer morbidly obese, no longer obese, no longer overweight. WOOT!

The great news is that I now have low blood pressure, low blood sugars, very low triglycerides, cholesterol in the "healthy"range, body fat in the "healthy" range, body weight in the "normal" range, no more arthritis pain, etc - in short, none of the health problems associated with obesity (save for the arthritic damage already in place at the time of my surgery.) I've been proactive about my supplementation, and about being tested for those vitamins that are sometimes difficult for WLS patients to absorb - so I have maintained good levels of calcium (as evidenced by bone scan), vitamins B12 and D, and iron.

What this means is that every single health problem that I had pre-op and that could be reversed or improved is now resolved.

And THAT is my idea of weight loss surgery success!

A big thanks to all of my friends and family who have cheered me on throughout this process - and especially to Mike and Sarah who have had to adapt to my goofy diet and put up with my occasional obsessing about my size, weight, vitamins, labs, macronutrient stats, workouts - and so on, and so on. Despite this, they've been my support team all along. Lucky me!

No comments: