Saturday 2 October 2010

One More Pod

Yesterday I was able to fulfill a gift for Margo of a 4th generation iPod Touch. (They've been out of stock here for weeks.) This brings our total number of Internet-capable devices - phones, game consoles, computers, and pods - to eleven.

Now we're having an iPod rotation. Margo gets a high resolution touch screen, the ability to collect Apps, and the portable organizer she's been jonesing for, with a comfortable 32 gigs for her dozen albums of women playing folk music.

I inherit the last iPod I gifted Margo, a 120 gig Classic. So I get twice the storage I had previously (which was straining) and our family's biggest portable music collection has room to grow.

And Sarah inherits our old one - a 60 gig "iPod Video" that was the top of the line four years ago but has since drawn snickers from my workmates and was described by my VP of Product Development as "old school". She's excited. I've offered to help her start her own library, and with her gift certificate she has a few new songs in mind to add to it, but for today she's content to explore my library. Of our music, her current tastes run to Queen, Hooverphonic, Madness, The Monkees, and Run-DMC.

But I know what's coming next. Being a kid, her tastes will be the most awful imaginable. She's already pronounced a fondness for the Jonas Brothers and Black Eyed Peas. And inevitably she will want to run these toxic bits through my stereo.

1 comment:

SarahMariaNelson said...

CURSE YOU! Yet again and I only like one Jonas Brothers song S.O.S