Sunday 9 November 2008

Power

We are enjoying the setting up of our new home. We've done a lot of moving in the past few years, and moving out is the worst as you have a houseful of stuff you have to liquidate quickly. Moving in is the sweetest because you get to buy a bunch of stuff. Margo is especially enjoying this. She's been looking forward to this for years.

So Margo's been spending hours on her laptop ordering many things unknown to me. A delivery from Sears arrived recently and one box contained a Craftsman power drill. It's a massive chunky thing with a huge battery pack, one spare, and a quick charger. I remember asking Margo, isn't this a bit of overkill just to hang some curtain rods and coat racks?

Then came the flat pack furniture. Margo's cabinets went together with speed. Our bedframes were trickier - they needed Allen wrenches and many joins didn't afford room for a power drill. So I torqued and torqued until my fingers got sore. The next day I was at a hardware store for sundries and got a set of drill bits that included Allen keys. The rest of the bedframe assembly went much smoother. I'm nursing a blister on my right index finger that I probably didn't need to get.

Margo keeps asking me how the crow that I'm dining on tastes. Not too bad.

No comments: