Saturday 3 April 2010

R.I.P. Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy

Well, a rite of passage took place in our household today. Sarah sat me down this afternoon and asked me to tell her, honestly, whether Santa Claus was real. So I told her. She wasn't too shocked I think, though perhaps a bit sad that such a fantastic being wasn't real. Later in the day, she thanked me for being a good Santa to her and noted that last year, she got a bit suspicious when one of the presents from Santa was wrapped in paper identical to a roll of paper in the wrapping paper bin. She also opined that next year she should get to partake of the cookies left out for Santa on Christmas Eve.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh the innocence of youth. It ever falls to the wayside. I am also still sad that Santa doesn't exist. Or does he just in each of us.
Brenda